Recurrent cough and cold is very common problem for all age groups. “Thaleesapathradi Choornam” is one of the best ayurvedic herbal remedy for prevention and cure of this problem.
Thaleespathradi Choornam is a mixture of seven dry herbal powder/spices .
1. Talisapatra ( Abies Webbiana)
2. Maricha ( Piper Nigrum)
3. Shunthi (Zingiber Officinale)
4. Pippali (Piper Longum)
5.Vamshalochan ( Bambusa Bambos)
6.Ela (Elettaria Cardamum)
7.Twak (Cinnamum Zeylanicum)
8. Sharkara (Rock Sugar)
It is used in the treatment of respiratory& digestive disorders.
Effect on doshas- Kaphavatahara ( alleviates/balances kapha & vata dosha)
Action- Shwasakasahara ( anti-tussive, expectorant, anti-allergic), Deepan- Pachan ( digestive & carminative)
1. Respiratory System- Upper & lower respiratory tract infection- cough, cold, sinusitis, bronchitis, tonsillitis, pharyngitis, asthma, sore throat , hoarseness of voice.
2. Digestive System-Indigestion, loss of appetite, bloating, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, IBS.
3. It is also useful in anaemia, emaciation, spleen diseases , chest pain, fever, piles.
Adult- Half to one teaspoon with hot water or honey 3/ 4 times a day.
Children- Half teaspoon with honey 2/ 3 times a day.
1. People with diabetes should avoid this, as it contains sugar.
2. Higher dosage may cause burning sensation or gastritis.